Mr Soundararadjane is the CEO of ITC’s subsidiary Technico Agri Sciences Limited. He is a passionate business leader in the Agriculture Industry, having wide and diversified experience in Agricultural Inputs – Seeds, Chemicals, GMO’s and Biologicals, Sustainable Agriculture and Rural development. He currently heads the Technico group of Companies in India, Australia, Canada and China, pioneering Seed Potato technology and businesses associated across the Potato Value Chain. In the early days of his career, he worked with Prof. M.S. Swaminathan, the Father of Green Revolution, in establishing Biovillages in India. Grew with Monsanto, from a Sales Rep to Commercial Lead (Asia Africa) for Agricultural Chemical & BioAg Business.
Our Exclusive Interview:
1. How would you describe yourself in 5 or less sentences?
I am people-centric in nature. I stay agile and focus to maximise the opportunities. Ideation & handling ambiguity are my strengths. I love travelling places and be happy.
2. What is the one quality you admire in today’s leaders and what is the one quality you find lacking them?
Self-Awareness is one quality I admire in today’s leaders & Empathy is one lacking quality with most of the leaders, today.
3. What does work life balance mean to you?
Work life balance to me means, living quality life and delivering work efficiently. It sets a healthy culture and environment, to treat everyone with mutual respect.
4. What has been one of the biggest challenges as a leader?
Driving agility and accountability for superior performance.
5. What are the best ways that leaders can support other leaders, whether in the same organisation or a different organisation?
Giving back, through Knowledge/Experience sharing platforms – either by mentoring or Coaching other leaders, on a one on one (or) in a Networking Forum.
6. What was the last book you read and how did it impact you as an individual
First, Break All the Rules!
It helped in strengthening my People Management Skills.
7. What do you do to rejuvenate, to get back in touch with yourself?
Chat with School/College Friends, Travel places with Spouse/Family/Friends, trekking/cycling, pick up a new habit and watch movies.
8. Your take on open door policy.
I firmly believe being accessible to people, helps in effective communication, facilitate transparency, develop employee trust, provide, and take feedback.
9. What is your suggestion to improving corporate India’s D&I quotient?
1. Corporates should start making statement on job posting as “Equal opportunity Employer”
2. Build Culture and Respect, while embracing D&I.
3. Repose values and systems, as we follow in our Families.
10. In today’s day and age, how can leaders build a culture of employee wellbeing?
To me Professional Wellness is important- provide an environment where people feel happy to work, more than doing their work. Provide inclusive environment where transparency & dialogue are respected, and success is celebrated.
Know the Person
1. Loyalty to you is Priceless
2. Fun and recreation to you is Essential
3. Experience vs Education – what would you give higher preference to Experience
4. Mountains or the beach: your ideal vacation spot would be Mountains
5. Horror, Action, Adventure, Romantic, Comedy – your favourite genre Action