- Anupam comes with 25 years of corporate experience encompassing a wide range of skills across diverse industries such as Banking, Financial Services, IT enabled Services, Mining and Technology
- He started off his career with Bank of America and then served in multiple roles at GE Capital including Regional Business Head, National Product Head and Vice-President before setting up Ventura India as the founding country head and director in 2005. He successfully led the growth of Ventura’s India operations to 2500 people over 7 years
- As part of global leadership team at Rio Tinto, he commenced their first HR and knowledge process outsourcing operations out of India. He then moved on to become the India Managing Director of Encore Capital, a global financial services company with customer base in 15 countries.
- Currently, Anupam is the Senior Vice President and Member, Board of Directors of Cvent India Pvt. Ltd. – a Nasdaq listed events management software company headquartered in Virginia, USA.
- He is also a Performance and Life Coach certified by International Coaching Federation. He is passionate about developing future corporate leaders and devotes lecturing/mentoring time to various institutions including Jack Welch Management Institute, IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Rohtak
- The secret to his energetic personality is his love for sports including Swimming and Tennis and never-ending urge to learn ; he has successfully completed Strategic Leadership program from Wharton School of Business and is also a Six Sigma practitioner.
Over his distinguished career Anupam has been recognized with multiple awards
- Excellence in Sales and Service, Asia Division at Bank of America,
- CEO’s Special Achievement Award at General Electric
- Annual Global Business Development Award at Ventura.
Anupam has also received various industry recognitions such as:
- ‘Young CEO’ award by Business India,
- Rajiv Gandhi IT Excellence Award
- ‘CEO of the Year – Innovation’ award while at Ventura
Our Exclusive Interview:
1. What is the one quality you admire in today’s leaders and what is the one quality you find lacking them?
I admire the drive and innovation and find BALANCE lacking
2. What does work life balance mean to you?
Ensuring that work doesn’t become life
3. What has been one of the biggest challenges as a leader?
Putting the interest of other people ahead of your own.
4. Who do you look up to for inspiration?
My spiritual GURU and Books, my eternal friends
5. What do you do to rejuvenate, to get back in touch with yourself?
Any physical activity: walk, cycle, swim that helps you kill the mental noise
6. Your take on open door policy.
Its basic leadership tenet to create a safe space and be available for your people, at all times
7. What is the next milestone you wish to achieve that keeps you driving forward.
Leaving a legacy and helping others maximise their potential
8. If not a corporate leader, what would your professional identity be?
A coach, mentor, teacher and author
9. An instance that dint work for you, that actually worked for you in the hindsight.
Lots of instances that came in life to give me what I needed rather than what I desired.
Know the Person
- Loyalty is INVALUABLE.
- Fun and recreation is BEING IN NATURE.
- Experience vs Education –would give higher preference to EXPERIENCE.
- Mountains or the beach: ideal vacation spot would be MOUNTAINS.
- Horror, Action, Adventure, Romantic, Comedy – favourite genre ACTION.